“Healthy Cookies” – gluten-free, no butter or eggs, and no added sugar. And actually delicious!
Makes about 34 cookies (depending on the size), ~100 calories each
- 3 large ripe bananas, well mashed (about 1 and 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut, finely shredded
- 4 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chip, more or less as you wish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine — mashed banana + vanilla extract + olive oil — set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together — oat + almond meal + shredded coconut + sunflower seeds + cinnamon + salt + baking powder —
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Fold in — chocolate chips —
- With a small ice cream scoop, scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet, an inch apart.
- Bake as long as you want, until nice golden brown, about 20 minutes – depend on the size of cookies.
Now I usually am one for moderation as opposed to going for lower-calorie, low-fat, low-whatever recipes. But this is actually a really interesting recipe — and you can eat the batter raw, without worry. Also, no empty calories from bleached flour, sugar, etc.